In observing National Caregivers Month in November, The Kenneth A. Smaltz, Sr. Foundation (Smaltz Foundation) will host its Second Annual Caregivers’ Symposium on Saturday November 14th at Harlem Hospital Center (506 Lenox Avenue (Malcolm X Boulevard), New York NY) .
This year, The Smaltz Foundation and Harlem Hospital Center
will build on last year’s event with a program that continues to
bring information and resources to families coping with the burdens
of a family member with Alzheimer’s disease.
This year, our Symposium will include:
• an expert talk on Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care including
a review of the warning signs.
• a panel on Family and Professional Caregiving, addressing the various
stages of caregiving, navigating resources and relating to doctors.
• a panel on Adult Day Services / Understanding Care Centers.
• a panel on Legal, Financial and Advocacy issues including Long
Term Care, dealing with the Veteran’s Administration and
• Tips on how to cope with the upcoming holidays and how to relieve stress
This year’s speakers include two of New York State’s preeminent
public officials addressing these issues:
Corinda Crossdale, Director, New York State Office for the Aging.
Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz, Chairman,Assembly Committee on Agin
The event is free, but seating is limited. Caregivers and other family members can get more information and register online at www.smaltzfoundation.org.